Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November 27, 2014 Thanksgiving

Hey Mom,
  So as you know today is Turkey day and we are actually having a Turkey dinner tonight!!! I know because I helped unload the fat bird ha ha. Today has been awesome so far. Not too long ago we were able to watch a live Devotional with Elder Bednar in a Q & A type session and of course it was super awesome!!! Tons of good stuff in it that I will probably send to you in the not so distant future. 
That's awesome you were able to go to Utah for Thanksgiving and a major bummer Dad wasn't able to go with you. Give everyone my love and tell Grandpa that I'm not going to be a good missionary, but I will be a great missionary and that I will spend every second that I can preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and when I need, I will use words. Tell Grandpa and Grandma that I love them so much. 
 In the Devotional. with Elder Bednar, he said that our faith is only strengthened through trial and tribulation and adversity, the act of doing the little things everyday without fail. 
Luke is finally a star scout, tell him congrats for me and give him a big hug and tell him I love him. Tell him congrats on his bball game too that is so awesome! 
Ya, my mission president is super awesome! He said when we get there he will set us up with a temporary companion and we have to go place a book of Mormon and when we get back we get Pizza Hut!!! ha ha :) He also said his wife is super excited to see us and she is already memorizing names to faces ha ha. 
I'm settled in but I'm so ready to get out of here and I can't explain how fast time has flown by. When I went on splits last Friday, we taught six lessons or so and we started teaching at around 14:00 and finished around 19:00 and it was over in what felt like an hour. This is going to be a very fast two years. 
I'm super glad that you all are praying for me because I need it.  When you pray, can you please pray for me to have the gift of tongues. 
Mom, I love you so much that I can't even explain. I'm so glad that you are my mother and I'm so grateful for all the things you have taught me. 
I love you Mom

Oh so what I thing is going to happen with the emailing next week is that I won't be able to, because I get there on Tuesday and P-day is Monday so I think everyone will have to wait another week to hear from me but if that isn't the case you will know haha :) 

Love you Mom, 

Love Elder Henze     

Thanksgiving at the CCM



No comments:

Post a Comment